Following the brushed stainless steel designs now the custom panel is integrating the electric windows and the radio. It gives in real integrated and finished look to the center stack, and allows the installation of short consoles without el.windows or removing it fully.
This version works with radios with detachable panels and for the MK1 models.
Here some highlights, other than the look and feel of it:
- Integration of control panel & radio pocket/cage
- Allows full operation of the fall down panel
- Fully customizable layout including the position of the radio
- Solid radio installation (much tighter than with a radio pocket)
- Solid and P&P panel installation trough exact center stack integration
- Removal of the radio requires removal of the 1.center console, 2.center stack.
- Although fall down panel is fully functional, its detachment is possible only after removing the radio - the theft is back to the point above.
- Made to work with the almost standard sized front radio panels of 45.5mm x 168mm (height x width)
The following list explains the naming convention used:
D = Hard Top Defroster Switch (or any standard sized MX5 one)
M = Mirror Switch
G = Gauge hole (1G, 2G, 3G)
S = Switch (toggle switch for fan, sleepy eyes ...)